Freight and logistics are vital to our economic activity and development. They support people and businesses in their daily activities, ranging from deliveries to homes and shops through transferring goods to and from factories or getting supplies to offices.
The approved West Midlands Freight Strategy and Implementation plan helps to provide TfWM with the tools to work together with businesses, and a programme to deliver a West Midlands that shines as a beacon for best practice in urban logistics management, providing:
• Improved access to the West Midlands by road and rail;
• New ways of managing deliveries which provide businesses and residents with high quality access to goods and services;
• A range of techniques to reduce emissions, noise, and congestion caused by goods vehicles;
• Support for the introduction of very low emissions or zero emissions delivery systems; and
• Commitment to deliver these improvements through a partnership with businesses and government.
The Devolution Deal also provides new powers to support policies and actions across all modes and all transport users. Efficient logistics is recognised as being a key issue for TfWM.